Friday, January 14, 2011

Thank you Nanny..

One of the most important things to consider by a working mom is to whom will she trust her most precious one while she is away from home. In my case, I am lucky enough that my Mom is available to look after my baby while I am on work. The only problem is, she cannot carry her because of her age and my baby is weighty. That is why, I have to hire a babysitter who can take care of my baby and assist my mom while I am away.

When hiring nanny, I see to it that it is recommended by our relative and we know her residence for security reasons. That is why, when my hubby’s relative recommended Rose (former nanny of my hubby’s nephew, Carl), I did not have a second thought hiring her. Rose is still single, of my same age, and has an ambition to be a mom also someday. She took care of my baby since she was just 3 months old. And that time is long enough for her to be attached to my baby and love her like her own daughter. Last Tuesday, she has to leave my baby because her mom is scheduled for a major operation on her gall bladder. In case like this, I have to be considerate and understanding. I have to treat her as a person and respect her family life.


Celine @ 4 months with her Nanny Rose



14 months Celine with Nanny Rose

Rose was a bit emotional when she left. I could feel her hurt when she bid goodbye. She told me it was hard for her to leave Celine because she knows she will truly miss her. But she has no choice. Her mom needs her care after the operation. I showed my appreciation to her. I thanked her for giving the care and love to my baby, for taking care of my precious one while I am away, for being patient when my baby was having tantrums and for tolerating her weight when she carries her almost the whole day when I am at work especially when my baby is feeling bad. Being a nanny is a fulfilling job. I could see how much love Celine feels for her too. I can see it how she lights up at the sight of her nanny.

I have nothing to worry now. Celine has a new nanny named Allona. And I hope God will guide her while taking care of my baby. She was recommended by Rose and we already know her since she was the former helper at the apartment next door. To be sure that my baby has a good nanny, the followings signs from Baby Center Medical Advisory Board may help to determine which is:
~       Your child lights up at the first sight of her
~       Your kids can't stop talking about all the wonderful things she says and does.
~       She comes up with creative solutions to problems and works with you to provide the best possible care for your child.
~       She arrives on time.
~       She makes an effort to stay connected.
~       Your child volunteers new songs and words and shows off his many projects.
~       Your child's room is clean, and so is your child.
~       Accidents are infrequent.

Celine with her new Nanny Allona

Now that I’ve found a new nanny, I also searched online on how to keep a good nanny. I had already applied the following tips, and I want to share them to the readers:
Some pointers from Baby Center Medical Advisory Board:
~       Offer a fair wage.
~       Provide good benefits.
~       Treat her like a professional.
~       Lay down ground rules and respect them.
~       Show your appreciation.
~       Be flexible.
~       Be communicative.
~       Back her up.
~       Be concerned about your nanny as a person, not just your employee.
~       Respect her privacy and teach your child to do the same.


But of course, there is no one in this world who can take my place as my baby's mother. That is why I see to it that even though I do not have much time taking of her the whole day, I give her the quality time to let her feel that she is my number one priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Pregnancy Story (How I Overcome My Recurrent Miscarriages)

Becoming pregnant is indeed a blessing from God. To know that you will be God’s instrument in giving a life to a little bundle of joy i...