Wednesday, March 16, 2011

9 Weeks Pregnancy & Pregnancy Complications


Image from babycenter.com.ph
At week's end, your fetus measures approximately 0.9 inches / 2.3 centimeters long. In both shape and size, it resembles a peapod and weighs less than a tenth of an ounce / 2 grams. The eyelids are fused and won't open until week 27. The wrists are more developed, ankles have formed, and the fingers and toes are clearly visible. Arms are growing longer and bend at the elbows. By week's end, the inner workings of the ears are complete. Though you can't yet identify the sex of the fetus by ultrasound, its genitals have begun to form. By now the placenta has developed enough to support most of the critical job of producing hormones.(from babycenter.com.ph)

My First Trimester Pregnancy Complications: (Fifth to Ninth Weeks)
  1. Subchorionic Hemorrhage
Since my second pregnancy was an ectopic one, I was asked for an ultrasound at my fifth week to identify if my third pregnancy is intrauterine. Thank God it is. But, a superior pole subchorionic hemorrhage was noted measuring 0.57 x 0.48 x 0.37cm or 0.05ml. My OB advised me that there is nothing to worry since I am not experiencing any vaginal bleeding. But to prevent the possibility of bleeding, she advised me the following:
    • Sexual abstinence until my twelve weeks pregnancy.
    • Avoid carrying heavy objects.
    • Avoid traveling to distant places.
    • She prescribed Duphaston (2x a day), Baby Aspirin (once a day) and Folic Acid everyday.
  1. Urinary Tract Infections
I noticed some light green discharge on my underwear and my urine has a cloudy like appearance. Afraid that it may harm the baby, I search thru the internet and found out that having light green vaginal discharge during pregnancy may be a symptom of a vaginal infection or urinary tract infection. I went to my OB-Gynecologist for check-up and she requested for a Urinalysis to confirm the presence of UTI.
My OB advised me to follow the following to cure my infections:
    • Drink 6-8 glasses of water everyday.
    • Drink cranberry juice everyday.
    • Do not hold urine in.
    • Wipe from front to back to avoid the chance of spreading the bacteria in the anal area.
    • She prescribed Cefalexin (Antibiotic) to be taken three times a day for seven days.

As compared to my pregnancy with my first baby (Celine), this one is more complicated. And I am feeling more nauseous this time. I pray that God will guide me throughout my pregnancy, and to bear this angel healthy and normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Pregnancy Story (How I Overcome My Recurrent Miscarriages)

Becoming pregnant is indeed a blessing from God. To know that you will be God’s instrument in giving a life to a little bundle of joy i...