Sunday, October 23, 2011

The One

This is a story I shared in the Big Magazine, and I am sharing this now in Mommy Moments Unforgettable Stories.
Do you believe in miracles and signs? Every girl has a fantasy of finding the one God had ultimately prepared for her-her one true love. I admit I used to be one of them. I fell in love for the first time..to a man my family was not in favor of. However, a sweet dream turned into a nightmare. I woke up one day with a broken heart. Time has passed by, another relationship has begun. I fell in love and was hurt for the second time. I was deceived by love. I often hear people say, God won’t give us things we can’t handle; but there have been times in my life when I thought God always knew more about what I could or couldn’t handle than I did. I do believe, however, that When God see you need a little help, He goes one step further to let you know that everything will be alright.
My heart and mind were enlightened by my best friend. Her heartfelt words helped me to stand up and to fight with all the heartaches I’ve felt.I had thought that my past relationships were all failures. But my best friend made me realize these were not failures, but a success. The experience of getting into an unpleasant relationship is a blessing in disguise. One of the purposes of a relationship is to test if a man is worth the pure and endless love a woman or other way around; a test if the two of them are meant to spend the rest of their lives with each others arms. The purpose was fulfilled. I have realized I haven’t met my future husband yet. I’ve learned to trust in God’s special ways and special time. I’ve learned to open my heart for His greatest gift.
I praised God for His great love. I never thought that He had already planned a very special way of meeting my one true love. I prayed for it. I asked for signs. I was afraid of falling in love with the wrong man again. I prayed that whoever will fulfill the three signs would be the one that God has prepared for me. These three signs were an angel, rain with that guy and a pink rose. It really amazed me that these signs were indeed fulfilled. I was so surprised because I never expected that my one true love is actually one of my friends. I am now married to my one true love and the Lord has blessed us with a beautiful angel.
As the saying goes, life is like a box of chocolates..Its uncertainty is a mystery. But one thing is sure; you’ll never hesitate enjoying the chocolates if you always believe in Him..And you’ll see that every bite is so sweet.

1 comment:

  1. that is great to hear... we all learn from life's experiences and having God's guidance through every experience makes it more meaningful! :D

    ReplyDelete

My Pregnancy Story (How I Overcome My Recurrent Miscarriages)

Becoming pregnant is indeed a blessing from God. To know that you will be God’s instrument in giving a life to a little bundle of joy i...